This recipe is one that I can make without even looking at the recipe for the simple reason that I can have these delicious turkey burgers on the table with a few left over for lunches the following day in less than 25 minutes!
The combo of the feta with the tangy taste of cranberries makes for a mouthwatering combo of savory and sweet!
These can be served on a skinny thin wheat bun or bunless with a side of rice, quinoa or sweet potato wedges- yum!
As always, I SO appreciate your feedback and shares! If you love it, leave a comment or share the recipe on your Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter account by clicking the tabs above!
Momshells Founder and CEO,
Love my shirt? You can get yours here: Exclusive Momshells Tee
Spinach, Feta and Cranberry Turkey Burgers
- 1 package lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup Ocean Spray Craisins, 50% less sugar dried cranberries
- 1/2 package baby spinach
- 1/4 cup reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- Cook spinach in a medium pan over medium heat until spinach is wilted.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until completely combined.
- Tip: Cover and refrigerate combined ingredients for 1 hour before forming into patties if the ingredients are not sticking together when rolling into portions.
- With clean hands, divide meat into 4 equal portions (about 6 oz each). Form burgers into ¾-inch thick patties (be sure to smush them fairly flat so that they will cook evenly without drying out).
- Place patties on a hot grill coated with cooking spray or in a large skillet covered with cooking spray. Cook burgers for about 5-6 minutes per side until burgers are fully cooked.
- Alternatively, you can cook in the oven on a broiler pan at 400 for 30 minutes, turning burgers at 15 minutes.