If you love spinach artichoke dip you are going to love this skinny version of one of my favorite restaurant appetizers!
Now you can enjoy all the flavor of the delicious hot creamy restaurant favorites with less fat and calories plus the added protein of a lean chicken breast!
The creamy artichoke topping in this recipe can also be served on it’s own with skinny pita chips or raw veggies at your next party and your guests will never know it is a much lighter version of the original!
Other than the mouth watering flavor, this recipe is simple to prepare!
Kid tip: when I am serving this to my kiddos, I puree the creamy topping before I add the spinach to smooth out the texture of the onions and artichokes. They will never know they’re in there!!
Your family is going to love it!
Skinny Spinach Artichoke Chicken
- 8 4 oz, raw boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets (2 lbs total weight)
- 4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup non fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 14 oz canned artichokes (water based brine- not oil), chopped
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1/2 cup greated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup 2% Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly mist a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Lay the chicken breast cutlets across the bottom of the dish in a single layer. Sprinkle them with salt and black pepper and place them in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken bakes, combine the yogurt and softened cream cheese in a large bowl and mix together until thoroughly combined. Add all the remaining ingredients and stir together until everything is well mixed.
- Remove the chicken from the oven after the 15 minutes (it will not be fully cooked yet). If the chicken has released a lot of excess liquid at this point then drain it out of the baking dish or soak it up with paper towels and discard.
- Using a large spoon or a spatula, spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the chicken in a nice thick layer. Place the dish back into the oven and continue to bake for another 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- 1 serving = 1 chicken breast with topping