Momshells Skinny Greek Yogurt and Avocado Chicken Salad
Are you looking for a skinny and simple chicken salad recipe that your family will love?
Look no further than my Momshells Skinny Greek Yogurt and Avocado Chicken Salad!
I made this for my family last night and even my pickiest eaters enjoyed it!
This time saving recipe is perfect for lunches, picnics and parties!
And since I’m all about convenience, I picked up these awesome Chopping Shredding Salad Tongs from Amazon Prime that saved me a ton of time when I shredded the chicken breasts to put in the recipe. This must have kitchen device shreds chicken in half the time it would take to shred chicken by hand with two forks!
Bryan and I ate it on these awesome low calorie flatbreads and the kiddos enjoyed it on toast.
I’ve made this simple recipe for parties and served it with pita chips and raw veggies and it’s always a hit!
The number one thing people always say is “Oh that tastes like it HAS to be fattening!”
Not at all!
The secret ingredient is non fat Greek yogurt!
Not only does it have a TON less fat than mayonnaise in traditional chicken salad recipes, Greek yogurt has more protein and calcium making it a much healthier swap with out skimping on creamy flavor!
I know you’re going to love this recipe and while you’re here, skim around the site for more quick, family friendly recipes that you’re going to love (and you’re skinny jeans will love you too!!)
As always, I SO appreciate your feedback and shares! If you love it, leave a comment or share the recipe on your Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter account by clicking the tabs above!
Momshells Founder and CEO,
Skinny Avocado and Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
- 1 ripe avocado, skin peeled/seeded
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken* *to make this quickly, cook 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts in boiling chicken broth for 20 minutes and shred with 2 forks
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- In a medium bowl, mash together avocado and Greek yogurt until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add chopped onion and shredded chicken.