Greek Chicken Pita with Avocado Tzatziki
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 drops Tabasco sauce
- 4 Josephs Oat Bran and Flax Pita Breads
- 4 oz reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 package cherry tomatos
- Cut a package of thick chicken breasts into strips and toss into a Ziploc bag with 1 tbsp oregano, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp dried rosemary, ½ tsp salt and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Thread chicken onto skewers and grill over medium heat until fully cooked. (alternatively you can bake in the oven at 375 for 20 minutes).
- To make Avocado Tzatziki: Combine 1 pitted avocado, ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt, ½ tsp black pepper, ½ tsp kosher salt, 8 drops Tabasco sauce, ½ tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp oregano in a small food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve 3 oz cooked chicken with ½ whole wheat pita bread, 1 oz light feta cheese, cucumbers and tomatoes and top with 2 tbsp Avocado Tzatziki.