There’s nothing better than a warm quesadilla filled with melted cheese and savory deliciousness!
A quesadilla is a Mexican delicacy that is essentially a warm tortilla with melted cheese inside along with other mouth watering ingredients like chicken, pork or beef.
I’ve taken this recipe and made it over to pump up the protein and decrease the fat without compromising the flavor!!
There’s also no better combo than the sweet flavor of BBQ with ranch, black beans and sweet corn, am I right?
A wedge of Laughing Cow Light and shredded reduced fat cheese ties it all together for a taste that your family will love!
With the super bowl approaching, this is an appetizer that I typically make for my guests and they keep coming back for more!
You can use any chopped grilled chicken in the recipe or use a portion of my Zesty Crock Pot Shredded Chicken.
BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
- 1 edge Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss Cheese
- 2 tbsp Stubbs Original BBQ Sauce or G Hughes Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
- 1 low carb, high fiber 6" flour tortilla with 100 calories or less can use Rudi's 6" flatbread if gluten free
- 3 oz cooked and shredded or finely chopped chicken breast
- 2 tbsp shredded reduced fat Mexican-blend cheese
- 1 tbsp canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp frozen sweet corn kernels, thawed
- 1 tbsp chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp Bolthouse Farms Ranch Yogurt Salad Dressing
- Soften Laughing Cow cheese in microwave for 10-15 seconds in a small bowl. Mix BBQ sauce with cheese wedge until blended.
- Lay tortilla flat and spread BBQ-cheese mixture on one half. Top tortilla with the remaining ingredients.
- Spray a grill or grill pan with nonstick spray and bring to medium-high heat. Lay the half-loaded tortilla on the grill/grill pan, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, fold the bare half of the tortilla over the filling and press lightly to seal.
- Carefully flip and cook until crispy, about 3 minutes. Slice into wedges and dip into ranch dressing.